Products You May Like
► Check Out Our New Clothing: http://bit.ly/2YSe5Tm
► Shop Bodybuilding Signature Supplements: https://bbcom.me/2QjJQ80
► All Access 7-Day Free Trial: https://bbcom.me/2QjK3Ik
► Subscribe: http://bit.ly/2DK5lGD
With all the health, fitness, and nutrition information you could ever possibly need just a Google search away, it’s amazing that there are still so many myths about what goes on in your body and your mind in pursuit of better health. Too often, though, more information leads to more confusion, not less.
Jose Antonio, PhD, CEO of the International Society Sports Nutrition and a researcher at Nova Southeastern University in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, puts the following common misconceptions to rest. RIP, bro science.
| 11 Popular Fitness Myths Debunked |
1. High-Protein Diets Are Bad For Your Kidneys: The recommended daily allowance (RDA) for protein is 0.8 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight. In contrast, here at Nova Southeastern, we have data showing that if you’re a trained male bodybuilder and consume 3.3 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight per day (four times the RDA), you’ll experience no harmful effects to your kidneys, liver, or blood lipids.
2. High-Protein Diets Leach Calcium From Your Bones: This myth about high-protein diets says that consuming too much of it can make your bones brittle and weak. We have done studies up to six months in length that looked at the effect on the bones of women who consumed 2.5-3.0 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight (about three times the RDA). We found no decrease in bone health. In fact, the data suggested that if women eat a high-protein diet, they may increase their lumbar bone-mineral density.
3. Muscle Soreness Is Caused By A Buildup Of Lactic Acid: You might have heard a massage therapist saying, “Today, I’m going to massage the lactic acid out of your muscles so you won’t be sore.” Sorry to burst their bubble, but lactic acid, aka lactate, has nothing to do with delayed-onset muscle soreness. DOMS is primarily caused by doing eccentric loading or negatives, or by doing exercises that tax your muscles in new ways. In either case, the soreness comes from micro tears in your muscle fibers.
Lactate isn’t a metabolic poison and it doesn’t cause soreness. In fact, it’s a fuel source used by your heart, brain, muscles, and kidneys.
4. You Lose More Fat By Decreasing Fats…Or Carbohydrates
5. Taking Creatine Causes Cramps And Dehydration
6. Women Who Strength-Train Get Big And Bulky
7. Artificial Sweeteners Are Bad For You
8. It Doesn’t Matter How Much You Eat, As Long As You Eat “Good Food”
9. You Have A Few Hours After Your Workout To Get Your Protein
10. Caffeine Is A Diuretic Agent That Can Lead To Dehydration
11. The Best Way To Lose Body Fat Or Weight Is Through Exercise
► Learn More About all 11 Myths: http://bbcom.me/2Gneg0D
| Follow Jose Antonio, PhD |
► Twitter: https://twitter.com/joseantoniophd
► Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/the_issn/
► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheISSN/about/
| Bodybuilding.com Signature Supplements & Clothing |
► Signature 100% Whey Isolate: https://bbcom.me/2QjOAKW
► Signature 100% Whey Protein: https://bbcom.me/2Qg6Che
► Signature Amino Plus Energy: https://bbcom.me/2QdVuRV
► Signature BCAA: https://bbcom.me/2Qg77b6
► Signature Casein: https://bbcom.me/2QdDh6R
► Signature Creatine Monohydrate: https://bbcom.me/2QhwrgW
► Signature Pre Workout: https://bbcom.me/2QgHZkg
► Signature Protein Crunch Bar: https://bbcom.me/2QgIavW
► Signature Test Booster: https://bbcom.me/2QgIhYo
► Bodybuilding.com Clothing: http://bbcom.me/2Eq7aHB
| Follow Us |
► Twitch: http://bit.ly/2q1dttE
► YouTube: http://bit.ly/1RSJFa4
► Facebook: http://on.fb.me/1lomhpr
► Instagram: http://bit.ly/1LzBxab
► Twitter: http://bit.ly/1RSJQlL
► Google+: http://bit.ly/1NRe8qu
► Pinterest: http://bit.ly/1OOZgY4
► Spotify: http://spoti.fi/1NRebm0
We are Bodybuilding.com. Your transformation is our passion. We are your personal trainer, your nutritionist, your supplement expert, your lifting partner, your support group. We provide the technology, tools and products you need to burn fat, build muscle and become your best self.