Products You May Like
Group workouts are rewarding and fun at the same time. But if you’re running out of group workout ideas, the following suggestions can spice up your next routines:
- Yoga. Yoga is probably the quintessential group workout. There are many yoga types you can try with your group to suit everyone’s skill level. Having a support group in yoga also adds to the benefit of this workout routine.
- HIIT workouts. Do you want to level up your workout’s intensity? High-Intensity Interval Training or HIIT might be a good idea! Your group can crush reps and even start a friendly competition.
- Cycling. When it comes to workout ideas at home, cycling is the way to go. It’s a calorie-burner without taxing your joints too much. Indoor cycling is also a practical routine at this time of the pandemic.
- Brisk walking. For groups looking for a less intimidating workout, brisk walking is an excellent choice. Your group can do it in a local park without any equipment needed.
- Running. Once you find brisk walking less challenging, you can speed up to running. Your group can also organize a race with prizes.
- Beat The Ladder. If your small group in the gym wants to start a friendly competition, you can do so in the Jacob’s Ladder Machine. You can keep a list of reps to see who’s crushing it!
- Peloton. Whether you purchased the bike or not, Peloton offers a 30-day free trial for their workout app. They provide easy-to-follow routines that your group will find rewarding.
- Qigong. Qigong is an ancient Chinese practice that involves meditation. It focuses on balance and breath, which is quite similar to yoga. It’s a slow style of exercise incorporating principles of tai chi.
- Swimming. Is the summer heat getting in the way of your group workouts? Swimming can be an excellent alternative. It engages multiple muscle groups in a low-impact but calorie-burning manner.
- Zumba. With a Zumba workout, you can dance your way to fitness. It involves aerobic drills performed in the tune of upbeat music. It is fun, and it appeals across age groups.
What are the Best 15-Minute Workouts?
A 15-minute workout can revolutionize your health more than you can imagine. A combination of routines performed in multiple repetitions is a good start.
Here are some of the exercises you can incorporate in your 15-minute quick workout.
- Plyo lunges
- Jumping jacks
- High knees
- Running in place
You can assign repetitions for each exercise and a one-minute rest after each round. This will allow your body to warm up slowly and recover from the sudden burst of activity.
Remember to take it slow to prevent injuries. Also, keep your body hydrated and don’t push yourself with excessive repetitions.
Over the days, you can incorporate weights into these routines. If you don’t have dumbbells or kettlebells, you can improvise with a heavy backpack or laundry detergent gallons. Your beach towel can also be your improvised yoga mat.
You can also invite your group of friends over to work out with you. When it comes to group workout ideas, there’s so much you can do.