Products You May Like
With the pandemic still making access to gyms quite difficult, home workouts become our next best resort. But with or without a pandemic, not all people can afford the gym. The answer? Creative exercise at home ideas.
Below, we listed some easy-to-do workout ideas suitable for both men and women. These are also the perfect routines for couples!
Planking is an excellent way to boost your core. While it’s easier said than done, those excruciating minutes are worth it.
Here are some ways to spice up the classic plank routine:
- Side plank. It’s like doing the forearm plank, but you’ll lie on one side. Try to squeeze your glutes for up to a minute!
- Walking plank. Starting on a full plank position, you will shift to the side by moving your hands and foot like a walking crab.
- Reverse plank. With a reverse plank, you’re facing the ceiling while your hands are holding a roller at the back.
Are you ready to get your heart rate pumping? Burpees will do it! Start in a standing position, jump, clap your hands above your head, and perform a push-up position. Do as many reps as it suits your routine.
Are you slacking on leg day? Flutter kicks may help you keep up. To perform this, you need to lie straight on the ground while facing the ceiling. Next, lift your legs in the air, creating a 90-degree angle of your body.
Once you’re in position, start striding or walking your legs in the air. Do this slowly as you feel your muscles stretch.
Push-ups are classic routines that never go out of style for workout ideas at home. It targets several muscles at a time, making it a versatile routine.
You can also perform push-up variations. You can do a push-up with one hand or clapping your hands in between lifts. And to level up the intensity, you can lift dumbbells with one hand.
Which is the Most Effective Home Workout?
There’s no one-size-fits-all when it comes to workouts. It’s important to assess your body type, workout level, and needs.
In general, fitness experts recommend a few activities that are guaranteed to yield results. The following are some of the effective options:
- Walking. Whether you’re doing it on the treadmill or the streets, a 30-minute walk is enough to jumpstart your metabolism.
- Interval training. This workout involves a surge of activity followed by a rest window. The interval duration and number of reps depending on what you want to achieve.
- Lunges. Lunges target multiple muscle groups at a time. It will also improve your balance while keeping the leg muscles flexible.
- Crunches. Crunches get you winded for good reasons. It’s an ab carver while flexing your hips and improving your endurance.
- Strength training. For about 2 to 3 days, you should perform strength training to boost your muscle mass and bone health. It’s also a massive calorie burner if you want to lose some weight. However, strength training should only be done a few days a week to allow the body to recover.
The exercise at home ideas we listed here are just some of the options you have. From there, you can expand your routine to stay fit even if you’re away from the gym.